Join our Team
Extra Heavy T Container Haulage Driver
Operates a container haulage truck and chassis in order to facilitate the movement of merchandise to and from Ports, Consignees premises, RAMPREM’s Main Garage facility (Base) and other locations as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive haulage/container trucks and trailers to transport cargo to and from instructed locations within stipulated time frames
- Regularly liaise with Dispatcher and Consignees to receive instructions regarding deliveries, shifting and routes
- Adhere to all local Motor Vehicle, Traffic and Driving regulations
- Routinely inspect equipment, cargo, parking & driving environs seals against Safe Operating Procedures as per assigned Company Checklists and report discrepancies immediately.
- Valid Driving License – Class 5
- Must have a thorough understanding of the operations of both Ports of T&T – POS & Pt. Lisas and possess both Port Passes and PLEA Pass
- 3 CXC subjects inclusive of Maths and English
- Valid Certificate of Character (no older than 6 months)
- Defensive Driving would be an asset